Please use this form for submissions to UU World, the quarterly denominational magazine of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations.
Submissions must be directly relevant to Unitarian Universalism and should address topics that concern UUs. It's a good idea to read a few issues to become familiar with UU World before submitting your work. You can usually find copies in Unitarian Universalist church offices; you can also browse through our online archives.
We receive many manuscripts; send us your best work. Manuscripts should be succinct, well-thought-out final drafts. We do not accept previously published material or fiction, and we rarely publish unsolicited poetry.
Thank you for considering UU World. Submissions increase our understanding of Unitarian Universalism and thus represent a real contribution to our efforts.
Because of limited space, we cannot include all of the news items we receive. The following guidelines will help you to determine the type of news most likely to appear in print:
* Significant church activities marking church anniversaries in fifty year increments.
* Projects that affect or involve the community. We want to hear about them after they've started or occurred, not when they are still in the planning stage.
* Fires, floods, vandalism and other calamities that affect the congregation.
* Activities of ministers or individuals representing their congregations in the public sphere.
* The completion of new church buildings or extensive renovations.
Size limit: No more than 3 images.The "Spirit" section of the magazine includes fine art in diverse media. Be sure to include title of work, year of copyright, media, dimensions, and an artist's statement including UU affiliation.
If you would like to be considered for commissioned art, please use "Cover Art, Feature Illustration, Artist Portfolios."